10/30/2012

ITS A........ chicken???

So back in April we found out that i was pregnant with baby number 5. Three on this earth, one in the belly and one up in Heaven with our Lord. Everything was going well. We were all getting very excited and couldnt wait to find out what was growing inside my "body" (as Charlie would say)... The day finally came. Gabe and I went in to get our sonogram done. We asked the tech not to tell us what the baby was - we were going to find out that evening with the kids, family and some friends. She did a great job, she told us when to look away and assured us that there was only one inside there... A friend was going to make a dessert - strawberry shortcake for a girl and blue berry shortcake for a boy. The tech enveloped the pic with the part and i drove to my sweet friends house to deliver the very important answer. I did alot better that i thought i would. I wasent to temped to look inside - there was no point in holding the envelope up to the sun, cause she wrapped it so there was no slip up. I walked into my friends house, handed it over, talked for a tiny bit about a hat i had just mistakenly purchased.. and then proceeded to walk back to the car. I wasent a few steps away from my automobile when i heard it - screaming and yelling coming from inside the house..... subtle ladies, subtle.

Now, up until this day we were (as in me, hubby, mom and i think a few others) for certain that i was growing a boy. This pregnancy was NOTHING like the girls and my pregnancy with Eli was so crazy that i don't compare anything to his. With the girls, my hair, nails, skin all strong shiny and healthy. I felt great. With this one, my hair, nails, skin all yucky and brittle and dull. I felt bad. For sure this had to be a boy. We talked about names (couldnt agree on one) told the kids. Eli was super excited that it was possibly a boy.

We had everyone come over over around 6:30 for the unveiling. A dear friend took pictures to capture this moment. The day of, the kids made posters.Team Boy (which Eli made)Team Girl (which the girls made) and Team Chicken...Before this day we would ask the kids if they thought Mama was growing a boy or a girl. Eli of course said boy. Charlie said girl. Cora would say chicken... Yup, she's 5 ;)
When everyone got there the statement was given... "Cast your vote. Team Boy (mom, eli and gabe and i) Team Girl (my sister and i am sure a few others) or Team Chicken (my dad and brother in law......... )


 My sweet beautiful friend who couldnt stop smiling since she arrived at my house,  stood there with the answer covered... I think she was a bit excited. Mostly excited cause she (and her girls) were the only one's who knew..... stinker...
 and TA DA!!!!!! Total shock, surprise.. notice my mom's face.....
 and the "i was so totally right" fist goes up by my sis. i'm laughing cause i still can't believe it. eli is almost on the verge of tears cause he can't believe it either....
 mom holding up her guess.....
 sorry mom, looks like the outfit is going back.....
totally a girl... Sweet Baby Adelaide Joy is going to be joining our family in December.

I want to thank T for being an awesome friend. You made this evening sweet and memorable - thank you for being a HUGE part of this great day... and Alena, for the great pics. You captured moments i would have missed and for that i am truly thankful....


0 comments: