12/29/2011

All About A Boy - part 1

In my last post i briefly talked about our 8 year old son excepting Jesus as his Lord and Savior. This past Summer we let Gigi and Papa take him on my sister's church camping weekend. That weekend my eldest niece received the Lord and then was baptized. Eli thought it was incredible and has talked about it for some time, which then brought up a whole lot of other questions.

It was not till we lost the baby that his heart started to change and he started to see things differently. His questions were deeper, his actions were different. His behavior - although still being an 8 year old boy - seemed to mature and look better. He had a very hard time accepting the fact the a baby could die. A baby that was not even here yet. "A baby (in his words) who never had a chance to meet his/her family and see this world." He knew in his heart that he was not mad at God or at anyone, he was just sad and knew that a "Great God loved us and would heal our hurting hearts."

We spent alot of time explaining God's love and sin. He says - He is not a fan of sin. We told him we weren't either and spent alot of time in prayer.

Before i go on about this joyous moment i would like to go back and tell you about this great kid. Our joy of finding out we were having a boy. Our strengths and weaknesses on being first time parents and so on..

Gabe and i "waited" for 3 years to became pregnant. I got pregnant off of birth control - yes, it totally happens ;) I was 5 months pregnant with him when i developed a blood clot in my left thigh that went to my lungs. I couldnt breath. Gabe worked nights, came home in the morning and rushed me to the hospital. They discovered the blood clot (which was HUGE) admitted me and started me on Heparin - a blood thinner. From 5 months till 5 weeks after i had him my wonderful and patient husband had to inject me twice a day in my growing belly with blood thinner shots... Why??? Cause there was NO WAY i was going to do it ;)....

Anyhow, i spent the rest of my pregnancy gaining a ridiculous amount of weight, being as careful as i could be not to get hurt or cut and in a state of "i don't care anymore" that i am thankful didnt last after i had the baby. We lived next to my in laws, so i had a lot of help there. I stayed some nights at my parents house (in which my mom gave me the shots.... she didnt care to much for that job). I was induced at 9am on the 16th of June with Gabe and my sister by my side. Epideral made me puke, caused me to push for 2 hours, it wasent till they turned the Epideral off that i was able to do what was needed to be done. He arrived and was rushed to receive oxygen and to get checked. All was good. I looked like the stay puff marshmallow mamma, Gabe was exhausted, Kate had to go to Arizona (???) with Bret for work and the Grandma's were as giddy as can be. We stayed in the hospital for 7 days, to have me checked out and Eli - his jaundice levels were very high - he was so yellow with a hint of green. We arrived home and Eli had to "live" in a belly rubin bed. We were only aloud to take him out when feeding him. He was like that for 3 weeks, in which he slept like a log. BEST BABY EVER!!!!!!! yes??? ;)

Nope, once he kicked jaundice in the booty he was awake for a year. He hated sleeping.... We found out alot that year...One, that he had a HUGE head, the doctor was a bit worried and wanted to do a scan. All came back normal. He just had a HUGE head. Two, he had psoriasis on his forehead which would get infected and become gross. Three, in order to get him to sleep at all we had to move our mattress into our "living room/dinning room" - you see to get to our room we had to go through Eli's room and that just would not do... Four, he was very allergic to Motrin - broke out in hives all over his body and Five, we had a huge cuddle bug on our hands..

When Eli was 10 months old "WE" decided to follow my sister, her husband and their little girl to Idaho. Moved in with them for about 10 months. When he turned 1, i stopped rocking him to "sleep" and started letting him cry in bed. It was a rough 2 nights, but then he got it and has slept like a champ ever since...



We moved out after 10 months, moved into an apartment which we didnt have for very long and then bought our first house... happy times ;)

Part 2 is just around the corner ;)

0 comments: