1/15/2012

12 years is Silk??

Today (as in Jan 15th) is Mine and Hubby's 12 year wedding anniversary. 12 years..... that's 72 years in dog years ;) Its strange and oh so normal at the same time.... We got married January of 2000. Gabe was 21 and i was 10 days short of turning 21. We never got the "Your to young" speech - we were supported in so many ways. We had the support of our whole church, our parents, friends, siblings and strangers.. We both lived at home and have never lived outside of our parents houses, so moving in together after we were married was a bit strange and took some time to adjust to - but it was also SO VERY FUN!!!! We have lived everywhere it seems like. 2 apartments in our first year. Then a year at my parents house (i know, i know :), then 2.5 years in a guest house next to my in laws. Moved into my sister's house in Idaho when Eli was 10.5 months old. Lived there for 10 months, got another apartment, bought our first house and are now living with my parents and have been for over a year and a half now.... whew......

12 years of marriage, 4 kids (3 here and one in heaven), great family, great friends, so much love and a Lord who matched us up perfectly and who has been our constant light and provider.. The only thing i can ask for is that the Lord will continue to hold us in His arms and guide us. For Eli to grow in his faith and walk beside Jesus. For Cora and Charlie to follow in their brother's footsteps and except Jesus as their Lord and Savior. For my faith to grow and for certain sins to be cast away. For my heart to heal and for mine and Gabe's marriage to become an example for our children.

Thank you Jesus for all that you have done for us and in us. Thank you for giving me a husband who loves you, who loves to know you more and who guides us as a family. Thank you for giving me a man who know's my cares, my joys, my hurts, my worries and who is not afraid to tell me to "calm down" when i am acting crazy. Thank you for your love and for your presence in our lives....

Happy "Silk" Anniversary DUDE!!!!

0 comments: